[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Does injection perform standard JSF conversion?

bfo81 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 15 15:52:15 EDT 2006

Hm... that's a little like programming against interfaces or not. If you do so, then you can easyly switch the implementation, but you have more "overhead" code and files. And here your @In annotation "grows", though it's only some chars. But I always intend to have the smallest and simplest code as possible to make at is readable and easy to understand as possible. But everything depends on what you prefer ;).

However, I'd like to say something about the JIRA request. IMO

- @In annotations shall be reservered for Seam components (namely those classes annotated with @Name or @Role), and nothing else. The point is that @In (and @Out, too) has a scope attribute which is only applicable to Seam components! And EL expressions might represent a Seam component, but they often don't ;).

- @RequestParameter shall be for request parameters. The name is king (ok, and Gavin, too *g*).

- And for EL expressions I think it's better to retrieve the concrete objects and access their accessor methods directly. But ok, dependency injection / inversion of control is a very nice feature.... so I'd prefer a completely new annotation.

But as I said that's just an opinion ;).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972035#3972035

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972035