[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam + Portlets + JSF + Facelets problem: Exception in P

andyd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 15 19:27:10 EDT 2006

Ok, got mine going a little further.  I'm currently just using the 2.4BETA portlet version that comes with the installer (1.2BETA).  The following may possibly not show up in 2.4.0GA.

Check that you have definately commented out the myfaces StartupServletContextListener in web.xml as chuaky suggests above. i.e.

    <!-- JSF -->
<!--

        <listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>

-->

You may well get the following exception when you deploy, but the app seems largely to work anyway.

2006-09-16 00:14:01,318 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/seam-booking]] Servlet /seam-booking threw load() exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Factories configured for this Application - typically this is because a context listener is not setup in your web.xml.
A typical config looks like this;

  <listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>

I have managed to register through the portlet and then get a problem with main.seam, but that may be a problem elsewhere.

Another thing to watch is to put your 3 facelet jars into tomcats jsf-lib directory, not in the apps EB-INF/lib directory, to avoid classloader issues (AFAIK).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972054#3972054

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972054