[jboss-user] [JBoss Getting Started Documentation] - Re: how do I install the jboss AS with a file that isn'st th

visolvejboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Sep 16 00:00:54 EDT 2006

Hello,

1. First you go to the command prompt (If you are using Windows) and set the JAVA_HOME and PATH environment variables to jdk path.

For executing the installer.jar file, we have to set the PATH variable.

For Windows,

  |   >set JAVA_HOME=<jdk home directory path>;
  |   >set PATH=%PATH%;<jdk home directory path>/bin;

For Unix or Linux,

  |    #export JAVA_HOME=<jdk home directory path>
  |    #export PATH=<jdk home directory path>/bin

2. set the DISPLAY variable.

For Windows,

  |     >set DISPLAY=<Your Desktop system's ip-addr>:0

For Unix or Linux,

  |     #export DISPLAY=<Your Desktop system's ip-addr>:0

3. Start the XWindow Manager.

4. Go to the installer.jar file path in command prompt and run the following command.

  |     java -jar jboss-4.0.4.GA-Patch1-installer.jar

  It will display the GUI, you can install the JBoss AS of your choice of Server configuration.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972074#3972074

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972074