[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Is the header a portlet?

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Sep 16 18:19:26 EDT 2006

I tried your iframe protlet and after a few changes it showed up just fine, in the banner area, without any decorations.

First, in iframe-object.xml, the statement:

<region>center</region>

places the iframe in the center column, not in the banner(header).   If you want it in the banner area, use:

<region>navigation</region>

Second, in iframe-object.xml, the statement:

<page-name>IFrame</page-name>

causes a new page, named IFrame to be created, and the portlet window to be placed on that page.  Not sure if that is what you really intended, so I changed it to:

<page-name>default</page-name>

However, I image that since the iframe is in the bannner area that you really want it to show up on all the pages.  In that case, you will need several < deployment > entries, each with all the same subnodes though with different < page-name > entries, one for each page.

Fianlly, you stated that you could not provide a jboss-portal.xml file because you were getting errors on the < portal > entry.  I think the cause is that you earlier deployed the iframe portal, possibly deleted the war file, and are now deploying it again.  You really need the jboss-portal.xml file because it links the portal name to the instance name, which is used in the iframe-object.xml file.

I think that perhaps the previous deployment of the iframe portlet is what is causing the problem.  If you are still just experimenting, I suggest wiping out your database and starting over with a fresh installation of the portal.  If you can't do that, rename your portlet and instances.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972121#3972121

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972121