[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - failed to resolve to an ejb with a LocalHome

sudhirkd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Sep 17 15:00:01 EDT 2006

Hi , When I deploy my war under Jboss, I get this error.
(My local session bean name is AuthenticateUserBean. I used XDoclet to create code for my bean. I only edited web.xml.

Help is greatly appreciated.

org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error during deploy; - nested throwable: (javax.naming.NamingException: ejb-local-ref: 'ejb/AuthenticateUserLocalHome', with web.xml ejb-link: 'AuthenticateUser' failed to resolve to an ejb with a LocalHome)

Here are various snippets of various deployment descriptors,

web.xml
----------

<ejb-local-ref>
<ejb-ref-name>ejb/AuthenticateUserLocalHome</ejb-ref-name>
<ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
<local-home>com.yourcompany.interfaces.AuthenticateUserLocalHome</local-home>
com.yourcompany.interfaces.AuthenticateUserLocal
<ejb-link>AuthenticateUser</ejb-link>
</ejb-local-ref>

jboss.xml
-----------

         <ejb-name>AuthenticateUser</ejb-name>
         <local-jndi-name>AuthenticateUserLocal</local-jndi-name>

        <method-attributes>
        </method-attributes>

ejb-jar.xml

<![CDATA[Description for AuthenticateUser]]>
<display-name>Name for AuthenticateUser</display-name>
<ejb-name>AuthenticateUser</ejb-name>
<local-home>com.yourcompany.interfaces.AuthenticateUserLocalHome</local-home>
com.yourcompany.interfaces.AuthenticateUserLocal
<ejb-class>com.yourcompany.ejb.AuthenticateUserSession</ejb-class>
<session-type>Stateless</session-type>

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972157#3972157

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972157