[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: what are .iml and .ipr and .iws files in JBossPortal App

portalgeek do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 18 17:08:52 EDT 2006

Peter,

     Thanks for the response. After observing the deploy folder i have the following questions:

   how does the url: http://localhost:8080/portal/portal/default/helloworld maps to the deployed war file in "C:\jboss-4.0.4-Portal2.2.1SP1-EJB3\jboss-4.0.4.GA\server\default\deploy"

  I mean this is the folder where are the war files are placed. until now i have tried portlets, by adding pages to default JBoss Portal.

  But i am not very clear how to create my own portal and add pages to it
In short when i say http://localhost:8080/portal/mycompanyportal/companydefault -> should show my company portal , not the jboss default one.

 Should i do the following ?

1.Create a mycompany-portal.sar file.
this sar file in-turn contains
conf
lib
war
conf -> contains data, hibernate, themes ..etc
lib -> contains all the library files
war -> contains web-inf , Meta-inf files. (but i am not very clear here). since all the example portlets, i tried until now have class-files ( organized via class folders, org.jboss.portal.hello.helloworld.class) inside the war,

but in the C:jboss-4.0.4.GA\server\default\deploy\jboss-portal.sar\portal-samples.war does not have any classes

am i missing some thing?.

Can you please throw some light.

thanks for all the help

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972429#3972429