[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Found the cause but not the cure

Holy Joe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 19 11:27:09 EDT 2006

I've figured out why this is happening, but I don't know how to fix it yet.  The problem is this:  Each time a method on my bean gets called, the DataModel is injected/outjected, and a new DataModel is created to wrap my list.  The JSF implementation, however, continues to use the first one outjected, so when it finally sets the rowIndex for my selected item, it is on a DataModel that is no longer accessible from Seam (it has been replaced by subsequent outjections).  Without the extra form field, there's only one call to my bean, so there's no problem.

Although I'm less lost when wandering around the Seam source these days, this seems like a deeper fix than my limited understanding can supply.  Do any Seam gurus out there have some advice on how to go about fixing this?  I'll give it a try myself, but a couple of starting pointers would be welcome.

Thanks,

Joe

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972632#3972632

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972632