[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Please help: cannot integrate ICEfaces into Seam applica

TedGoddard do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 19 19:05:04 EDT 2006

As has been observed, the current ICEfaces 1.0.1 release does not yet
work  with Seam. Internally, however, ICEsoft is actively working on
Seam integration as follows:

- carrying conversationID across Ajax and redirect HTTP requests
- support for the .seam extension with ICEfaces Ajax servlets
- moving Seam Servlet filter implementation to be Ajax-compatible
- transformation of <s:link /> into an Ajax-compatible variant

The end result will be the ability to transparently convert a standard
Seam application into an Ajax application simply by adding icefaces.jar.
We expect to have this publicly available within the next two months.

Alas, just changing the servlet mappings is not enough to get ICEfaces
and Seam running together.  The main complication is the fact
the the conversationID must be maintained through both Ajax and
non-Ajax requests (and indeed this is supported by our internal
builds of ICEfaces).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972773#3972773

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972773