[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - TLS connection established even though X509 cert expiry date

seanduddy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 20 07:45:42 EDT 2006

Hi,
   I have configured my JBOSS 4.03SP1 to use TLS for its EJB stateless bean connections. I have verified that TLS is infact inplace and once I remove my truststore from my client I can no longer communicate with the JBOSS server(No cert found exception). However my self signed cert which is in use for the connection has a expiry date that elapsed 1 month ago but I can still manage to make a SSL connection with it. I am sure that this is the cert as I have only one cert in my truststore.

Any ideas why an expired cert would not cause the SSL handshake to fail?

Thanks in advance
Sean

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972897#3972897

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972897