[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: entityManager.find() returns null

tboswell do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 20 08:12:03 EDT 2006

Sorry for the confusion but I have successfuly got it working with a VARCHAR2() column. First of all I set the table up like this:

CREATE TABLE CURRENCY
  | (
  |   CURRENCY                     VARCHAR2(8 CHAR)     NOT NULL,
  | )

This yielded the same sorry result of padding chars.

Finally, using the following:

CREATE TABLE CURRENCY
  | (
  |   CURRENCY                     VARCHAR2(8)     NOT NULL,
  | )

prevented the padding happening and I got consistent behaviour. I am not sure whether Hibernate can or should take this into account. Perhaps a warning about the use of CHAR based column types?

Tom.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972904#3972904

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972904