[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Hibernate/Cache conceptual mismatch

otaylor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 20 09:18:15 EDT 2006

I was just using "fail-fast" as a shorthand for the whole set of behaviors that are used now:

 - Lock temporarily, not part of the current transaction
 - Time out immediately on lock failure
 - Don't throw an exception on lock failure

I'm not sure I buy that these are all really independent, especially when have additional  special lock handling as discussed here. But I didn't mean to imply that putFailFast was actually used.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972924#3972924

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972924