[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: SLSB Local Interface Exception - EjB 3.0 with jboss-4.0.

ALRubinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 20 12:12:04 EDT 2006

"vashistvishal" wrote :

  | What i think is different is that my jboss is running inside Eclipse, which means it gets its own instnace of JVM. Where as my client runs from a command shell which means when it runs it uses or it gets a different instance of JVM. In that sense my shell based client becomes a remote (client) to jboss running in different jvm instance  inside Eclipse.

Almost.  Doesn't matter where the JVM is running from or how many versions of the JVM you've installed on your machine.  When I say "instance of the JVM", I mean "separate process".  Launch JBoss, that's one process.  Launch another from your client's main method, that's another.  You can list your processes (Linux "ps -aux", Windows CTL-ALT-DEL > Task Manager > Processes).  And processes cannot pass references to one another.

So unless your EJBs are being invoked by something that's also within the container, it's a separate process and will need to be remote. :)

S,
ALR

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972996#3972996

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972996