[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Some Issues with clustering on JBoss 4.0.4 and EJB stub cach

ablevine1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 20 14:07:08 EDT 2006

I am currently usign the JBoss4.0.4 and the EJB3 release that is included with it.  I have been using this http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/jboss4guide/r4/html/cluster.chapt.html as my basis for understanding how jboss clustering works, but I think my understanding of it may be wrong.  I am currently running with a cluster of two app servers on the same partition called app1 and app2.

Here is my test:
1. My external client program connects to the cluster via HAJNDI(port 1100) and gets a client stub to a session bean by doing a lookup on an initial context.
2. It then makes some calls to the ejb using this stub and caches the stub in variable.
3. I see which of the app servers handled the request and shut it down but leave the other one running.
4. Now I use the stored stub on the client to make the same call to the cluster as before but it fails.

>From the clustering doc mentioned above, I was under the impression that step 4 should have worked and that the stubs handled failover.  Is this assumption incorrect, or am I missing something??

any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973033#3973033

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973033