[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Embed flash in jsp served in jboss Application Server

ssemog do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 21 06:59:29 EDT 2006

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to embed a flash movie in a jsp that also loads an applet. I need to serve the jsp in jboss application server due to the application requirements.

I've tried different solutions using the object and embed tags and the flash movie loads without problems in firefox, but I can't make it to load in Internet Explorer.

If I serve the same jsp code in apache web server, the flash movie loads right away in both browsers (but then the applet doesn't).

I read that Internet explorer embeds the flash movie as an active-X control in opposite to firefox that does it as a netscape-style plugin. Is this the problem?    If yes, is there a workaround? or can I some how delegate the flash movie to be served by apache web server?

I would be very appreciated for any suggestion.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Sandra

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973211#3973211