[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Connection to DB2

gregsting do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 21 08:46:18 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have configured a JBoss cluster and I want it to use a DB2 database on another server. To test that I want to deploy Jboss portal on the cluster.

I've pretty much followed these instructions to set up the jdbc connection: http://www.onjava.com/lpt/a/4525#db2

I've seen many ways to configure such a connection but none seems to work. It seems that the config files are OK but JBoss cannot find the files it needs... the error is the following:

WARN  [JBossManagedConnectionPool] Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: null
org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Failed to register driver for: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no db2jdbc in java.library.path))

What is the "java.librairy.path"? do I have to put some files there? Could it be a problem of a wrong version of JDK/JRE?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973230#3973230

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973230