[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Re: EntityManager not working correctly

kamra do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 21 18:43:05 EDT 2006

I m facing exactly the same problem with Oracle database too.
EntityManager.find() method is not able to find the entity in the database.

In the session bean before firing a message to a queue, I m persisting some data using EntityManager.persist() . and MDB on receiving the message, tries to fetch the data from the DB.

Initially I doubted that, may be the entityManager.persist is not commiting the data into the DB. But then I put the code which persist the data in session bean in a new  transaction, this transaction is done even before the session bean fires the message into the queue thus making sure that data is commited into the database. (Even checked manually that data is available in DB). But still EntityManager.find() is not able to find the data in the DB.

This is how I m persisting the data

@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.REQUIRES_NEW)
private void updateTradeFormGenerationStatus(String tradeFormRequestID, String formID, String locale) {

 FormattedDocument fd = new FormattedDocument(tradeFormRequestID);
        fd.setAForm(formID);
        fd.setAFormLanguage(localeConvertor.getLanguage(locale));
        fd.setADocumentStatus(Constants.TRADEFORM_STATUS_PEN);

        em.persist(fd);
        em.flush();
    }

Looks like this is a bug in the database connectivity implementation of JBoss 404GA.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973431#3973431

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973431