[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Re: How to prevent ApplicationDeadlockException with READ-ON

_monkey_ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 21 21:51:30 EDT 2006

Hi there,

I think you have to make JBOSS use SimpleReadWriteEJBLock instead of the default PessimisticQueueLock, by including the following block in jboss.xml:

<container-configuration extends="Standard CMP 2.x EntityBean">
  | <container-name>Standard CMP 2.x EntityBean</container-name> <locking-policy>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.lock.SimpleReadWriteEJBLock</locking-policy>
  | </container-configuration>

This is what I did, and it did not give me any more transaction locking errors, but I do find this approach slower, it seems to load all the data from a table instead of just pulling the required row for me... I just posted a query on this forum about this and hope someone can help me with that :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973445#3973445

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973445