[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: same SLSB in multiple clusters

ablevine1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 21 21:59:21 EDT 2006

REPOSTED DUE TO JUMBLED XML

So, I,ve found that this is supposed to be able to be done by using jboss.xml files in the META-INF directory of your ejb jar file, but I can;t seem to get it to work

My session implemetation class looks like this:
@Stateless
@Remote(ProductManagerSession.class)
@Local(ProductManagerSession.class)
public class ProductManagerSessionImpl extends AbstractManagerSession implements ProductManagerSession
{
}

with both a remote and local interface:
then my jboss.xml file looks like this for one of the clusters:

  | <jboss>
  |     <enterprise-beans>
  |         <!-- ProductManagerSessionImpl remote -->
  |         <session>
  |             <ejb-name>ProductManagerSessionImpl</ejb-name>
  |             <jndi-name>ProductManagerSessionImpl/remote</jndi-name>
  |             <clustered>true</clustered>
  | 			<cluster-config>
  |                 <partition-name>AppPartition</partition-name>
  |                 <load-balance-policy>org.jboss.ha.framework.interfaces.FirstAvailable</load-balance-policy>
  |             </cluster-config>
  |         </session>
  |         <!-- ProductManagerSessionImpl local -->
  |         <session>
  |             <ejb-name>ProductManagerSessionImpl</ejb-name>
  |             <jndi-name>ProductManagerSessionImpl/local</jndi-name>
  |             <clustered>true</clustered>
  | 			<cluster-config>
  |                 <partition-name>AppPartition</partition-name>
  |                 <load-balance-policy>org.jboss.ha.framework.interfaces.FirstAvailable</load-balance-policy>
  |             </cluster-config>
  |         </session>
  |     </enterprise-beans>
  | </jboss>

It is then packaged in an ear file named app.ear
when I try to connect using a remote client using the jndi name app/ProductManagerSessionImpl/remote
I get a NamingException saying "remote not bound"

What am I doing wrong??
Do I also need an ejb-jar.xml file??

Is there something I am missing from jboss.xml??

Any suggestions would be appreciated

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973449#3973449

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973449