[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - How use UsersRoleLoginModule

den74 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 22 03:36:39 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I have installed the portal 2.4.0 and i'm tring to simply use the UsersRolesLoginModule to log in the portal. The users not included into my users.properties and roles.properties files correctly cause a login failed error, but if i try to use one of the valid user i alwais recieve the error "HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied"

I tried lots of configurations, in the last one i changed login-config.xml inserting the section:

    <application-policy name = "myAuthentication">

          <login-module code = "org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule"
             flag = "required" >
          <module-option name="usersProperties">props/users.properties</module-option>
          <module-option name="rolesProperties">props/roles.properties</module-option>
            </login-module>

    </application-policy>

and deploy\jboss-portal.sar\portal-server.war\WEB-INF\jboss-web.xml  changing secutiry-domain with this:
<security-domain>java:jaas/myAuthentication</security-domain>

My two properties are both under default\conf\props folder and are very simple:
users.properties contains:
    userx=passuserx
    usery=passusery
roles.properties contains:
    userx=Admin
    usery=User

i think nothing more have to be changed, someone can tell me if i'm forgetting to do something?
thanks in advance

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973485#3973485

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973485