[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Beginner Problem

iturnthepage do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 22 14:32:33 EDT 2006

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue, I realize professionals are taking time out of their busy schedules to pass along knowledge.

I am trying to Compile and deploy a "Hello" JSP page.

1. I created a directory c:BJEE\Ch02
2. Create a new file called index.jsp

3.I created a subdirectory called META-INF and placed the file application.xml

4. I created the WAR and EAR files as follows
>jar cf web-app.war index.jsp
>jar cf helloworld.ear web-app.war META-INF

both command line statements completed successfully

5. I copied the resultant EAR file and placed it in
   C:\Jboss\jboss-4.0.3SP1\server\default\deploy
6.  I started the server successfully.
7.  I started a web browser with http://localhost:8080
     The JBoss page came up successfully
8. I try to start the hello jsp with  http://localhost:8080/hello
   *The page below comes up*

 Directory Listing For /

Filename Size Last Modified

Apache Tomcat/5.5

Any suggestions on why the hello page is not coming up?????????
Any other information needed???

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973626#3973626

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973626