[jboss-user] [Javassist user questions] - Redeploy in JBoss Application Server causes javassist.NotFou

geoffm74 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 22 16:14:31 EDT 2006

We are using Tapestry 4.0.2, which, in turn, uses javassist-3.0, under JBoss 4.0.4.GA.  Everytime we redeploy our EAR, we start getting NotFoundExceptions from javassist.  I found an old Tapestry Jira issue for the same problem, and they wrote it off as a JBoss problem, but it seems to me like more of an issue of interaction between javassist and JBoss classloading.  As far as I can tell the exception occurs any time javassist looks for a class provided by a jar that was changed in the redeployment.

Has anyone else seen this?  Is there perhaps a work-around?  The problem goes away when the app server is restarted, but it is a pain to re-start the server every time we re-deploy.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973645#3973645

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973645