[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Poor performance after replacing JBossMQ

omerlin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 25 03:31:40 EDT 2006

Hello,
Trying to improve the performance on our application, i tried to replace the plumbering - as i saw the performance should be signifantly better with JBossMessaging.
We use the JBoss4.0.4GA .
I followed the How-to wiki and had to change some lines of code (I should open a minor bug on the queue.send function ) and achieved functional tests.
But when i tried to stress my application with our homemade stress tool l was very deceived - all was very slow.

I would like to know if our architecture is not responsible of this poor performance :
We use 1 queue with many selector (20 in my test) based on a hash on the selector identifier. We have so 20 sequencer scaning for message in one queue.

I read this is a not-performant way of processing message (JBMessaging-275) - but is it normal that we have a so obvious difference with JBossMQ ?

Olivier

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973811#3973811

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973811