[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Multiple depends

jactor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 25 07:18:53 EDT 2006

I am trying to develop a service which is using a stateless session bean (EJB3). So I am dependent of this bean, but this bean is dependent on a persistence unit which seems to be deployed.

ObjectName: jboss.j2ee:jar=concept.jar,name=EntityServiceBean,service=EJB3
  |   State: NOTYETINSTALLED
  |   I Depend On:
  |     persistence.units:unitName=proof

Even though this ejb is dependent on a persistence unit, it's visible as a service in the jmx console. This result in my service being started but it is unable to look up the ejb as this needs the persistence context.

I would like my service to be dependent on the persistence unit as well so that it would not get started without its resources available. How do I say that an MBean is dependent on several other beans?

In my jboss-service.xml; do I use several depends-tags, list then in a comma seperated way inside the tag, or something else?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973850#3973850

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973850