[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - programmatically disabling caching

jlacy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 25 10:24:45 EDT 2006

Hello,

Has anybody experienced any problems trying to programmatically disable caching?  We have a set of portlets that are configured to normally perform caching.  However, for a certain class of user we need to disable caching.  I have tried the following without any luck:

public void doView(RenderRequest request, RenderResponse response) throws PortletException, IOException, UnavailableException
  | {
  |
  |      response.setProperty( RenderResponse.EXPIRATION_CACHE, "0" );
  |      ?
  |  }

The statement seems to have no effect on the portlet behavior.

(using v2.4 final (source download bundle), JBoss AS 4.0.4GA, JDK1.5.0, Windows XP)

Thanks in advance,

Jerry

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973910#3973910

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973910