[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Remote business interface which extends EJBObject within imp

marvin655321 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 26 03:11:36 EDT 2006

Hello,

The difference between remote interfaces and remote business interfaces is absolutely clear to me. I also understood that a remote interface must extend EJBObject while this is permitted for remote business interfaces (must not extend). The point was that with the annotation javax.ejb.Remote remote business interfaces are declared and not remote interfaces. I came to this conclusion by reading the chapter of the standard mentioned by you (4.6.6 and 4.6.7) as well as the API-specification regarding the annotation at http://java.sun.com/products/ejb/docs.html which is referenced from your site and belongs to the standard AFAIK. Therefore the implementation mentioned in my first posting would be not standard-compliant because it declares a remote business interface which implements EJBObject. Will this be changed in the near future?

Best regards,

Jens

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3974117#3974117

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3974117