[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - ClassCastException while calling another EJB in the same JAR

sheetaljainjboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 26 10:46:23 EDT 2006

I have an EAR which has a WAr and an EJB JAR. EJB jar has 2 ejbs in it one is the business delegate and another is session facade actually. A web page looks up the business delegate and invokes a method. Delegate method in turn tries to look up another EJB ( session facade ) and cast it to the Remote interface. It gets a class cast exception while casting. I have the ejbClient jar at the EAR level and its nowhere being used twice. I even tried to print the implemented interfaces out of the object which ejbHome creates and I see the remote interface being implemented by the object, even though I get classcast. Here is the code in BusinessDelegate which invokes session facade :

	public boolean manageMerchant( org.apache.struts.action.ActionForm merchantForm, int actionType )throws Exception
	{
		// TODO Auto-generated method stub
		HVAdminSessionFacadeHome home = ( HVAdminSessionFacadeHome ) ServiceLocator.getInstance().getHome("ejb/HVAdminSessionFacade", com.hv.interfaces.HVAdminSessionFacadeHome.class);
		Object objref = home.create();
		System.out.println(objref.getClass().getName());
	      Class[] interfaces = objref.getClass().getInterfaces();
	      for (int i = 0; i < interfaces.length; ++i) {

               //This prints out HVAdminSessionFacade
	       System.out.println(interfaces.getName() );

	      }

		try{
                //ClassCast happens here

				HVAdminSessionFacade adminFacade = ( HVAdminSessionFacade) objref;
				adminFacade.manageMerchant( merchantForm, actionType);
		}catch ( Exception ex )
		{
		ex.printStackTrace();
		}