[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Full Text Search Within JBoss Portal

r_mun do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 26 10:53:33 EDT 2006

Hi, again

  First of all, Ryszard, thanks for answering my questions.
  I have made some investigations lately and I want to sare the results of my research.

  [A001] If to use the search engines like Lucene the search is performed as described in
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/LuceneFAQ#head-109358021acbfc89456e446740dc2bbf9049950f

If you want some more details on this you can check the http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-java-user.
Use mails starting from the most recent (for now its Sep 2006) and go back, month by month searching for "database" in the message topics.
Or google {+"index a database" +lucene}

If you dont have time to implement offered functionality you may use two of the following (when writting this I couldn't find more) http://www.dbsight.net/
or
http://www.opensymphony.com/compass/ (Chapters 16-21 of the reference manual). The latter one is an opensource.

  [A002] I guess it's a case of study of a specific framework.

  Hope this helps someone someday :)
  If there are any thought about the above, or you know some other frameworks, or under JBoss Portal it's differen - I will gladly accept the remarks. Thanks.

Best regards,
  Roman Muntyanu

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3974246#3974246

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3974246