[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: load balancing and fail over services using jboss4.0.2

MarcReis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 27 03:41:22 EDT 2006

Hi,
Have a look at http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossHA.

Afaik, there is no policy that determines the actual load on the server (like % of cpu usage or so, since this is os specific), if you need something like that you would need to write your own loadbalancing policy.

I have had a short look into that, the problem you might be facing is how to determine the load of the machine. Solutions tend to get very OS specific.
There could be better and easier ways that I don?t know of, I haven?t had a deep look into this, but for a starting point:
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-11-2004/jw-1108-windowspm.html
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/javaqa/2002-11/01-qa-1108-cpu.html

Sincerely

Marc