[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Exception recieving problem

apwalker do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 27 05:07:28 EDT 2006

You should be able to catch the exception type thrown by the Session Bean and you will need to include the exception classes in the client. Have to tried calling the EJB from a plain java client. Do you get the same result.

What JBoss Server and EJB 3 versions are you using

I put together a test and am able to catch the Exception

I'm using JBoss 4.0.4.GA with version of EJB3 bundled with the installer I think it's RC8

Stateless Session Bean Code

  | import javax.ejb.ApplicationException;
  | import javax.ejb.Stateless;
  |

  | @Stateless
  | @ApplicationException(rollback=false)
  | public class MyStatelessSessionBean implements MyStatelessSessionRemote
  | {
  | 	public void throwsException() throws MyClientSideException
  | 	{
  | 		System.out.println("about to throw remote exception");
  | 		throw new MyClientSideException("Server Side Exception thrown to the client");
  | 	}
  | }

Remote Interface

  | import javax.ejb.ApplicationException;
  | import javax.ejb.Remote;
  |
  | @Remote
  | public interface MyStatelessSessionRemote
  | {
  | 	public void throwsException() throws MyClientSideException;
  |
  | }

Client code

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3974472#3974472

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3974472