[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Security constraints for portlets

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 27 14:52:01 EDT 2006

Notice that the portlet instances only you to choose view access.  Thus, personalization does not effect the display of a portlet. That is, any user who can view the portlet can also edit the portlet.

So far, I hve not been able to figure out what 'personalization' means.  That is, I have not noticed any difference in behavior or capabilities in the Portal between granting 'view' access versus 'personalization' access at the page or portal level. As far as I can tell, 'personalization' access is meaningless. Well, it does imply'view' access, but nothing beyond that.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3974648#3974648

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3974648