[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - null reference to CMSservice

c.comparini do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 28 07:00:00 EDT 2006

Hi all,
I tried to get a reference in my own portlet to CMS: I added the following code in the init of myCMSAdminPortlet:

CMSService = (CMS)getPortletContext().getAttribute("CMS");
      if (CMSService == null)
      {
         throw new PortletException("Cannot start CMSAdmin portlet due to service unavailability");
      }

and in jboss-portal.xml in my war file:

      <service-name>CMS</service-name>
      <service-class>org.jboss.portal.cms.CMS</service-class>
      <service-ref>:service=CMS</service-ref>

but CMSService is null. What do I forget?
Can anyone help?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3974831#3974831

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3974831