[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSc

mpipes do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 28 15:17:20 EDT 2006

I am currently using Jboss 4.01 sp1 and I am trying to load a schema and validate it using xerces. However, the app server is throwing  the following exception.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaLoader.loadGrammar([Lorg/apache/xerces/xni/parser/
XMLInputSource;)V
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.validation.XMLSchemaFactory.newSchema(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.validation.SchemaFactory.newSchema(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.validation.SchemaFactory.newSchema(Unknown Source)
at com.nielsenmedia.services.util.XMLValidator.(Unknown Source)

I had posted this in another forum, and the suggestion was to use the xerces from 4.0.3.   However, I am a little confused.  Are you saying to copy the xerces from the endorsed directory of 4.0.3 to 4.0.1sp1?  Or are you saying let our code use the xerces from 4.0.3?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3975004#3975004

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3975004