[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Socket read stuck on a client invoke call

sarbu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 28 19:26:26 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I am using JBoss Remoting 1.4.0 version. Sometimes I get into an issue where the client.invoke() gets stuck at the socketRead0 method. The request eventually times out after 30 minutes.

I have two systems that communicate with each other. The client connector object is created and stored in a hashtable. When a method has to be called, the client connector is retrieved from this hash and then the invoke is called.

I also have the connection listener to notify me every 10 seconds when the connection is lost. The listener implementation removes the connector object from the hash when the connection lost event is received. However, the connection listener does not get invoked until the first invoke method is completed/released.

I reboot one of the systems. The invoke is called from the active system before the listener is called. This is the use case where I get stuck on the call.

Is there any suggestions as to how I can work around this issue? Would upgrading to 2.0.0 help?

Thanks
Saravanan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3975045#3975045

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3975045