[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Problems using Ajax4jsf to Seam Hibernate3 sample app

smartbinary do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 29 10:58:18 EDT 2006

The problem was the command button action was associated to a method returning a navigation rule ... from HotelBookingAction.java:

  |    @Begin(join=true)
  |    public String find()
  |    {
  |       hotel = null;
  |       String searchPattern = searchString==null ? "%" : '%' + searchString.toLowerCase().replace('*', '%') + '%';
  |       hotels = bookingDatabase.createQuery("from Hotel where lower(name) like :search or lower(city) like :search or lower(zip) like :search or lower(address) like :search")
  |             .setParameter("search", searchPattern)
  |             .setMaxResults(50)
  |             .list();
  |
  |       return "main";
  |    }

I overloaded that method for use with an action listener:

  |    @Begin(join=true)
  |    public void find(ActionEvent actionEvent)
  |    {
  |        this.find();
  |    }

And updated the A4J tag ... from main.xhtml:

  | <a4j:commandButton value="Find Hotels" actionListener="#{hotelBooking.find}" styleClass="button" reRender="hotelFrm"/>

All is well now ... JSF+Facelets+A4J+Seam+Hibernate (jFASH) ... no "springs" attached :D