[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Using jboss.xml entries to mimic Weblogic's <db-isshared> tr

jmakas do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 29 11:07:14 EDT 2006

I'm porting an old EBJ1.1 application, which was running on Weblogic, to JBoss AS 4.0.4. The port is complete and all works very well, except for the fact that I need to disable the container's EJB cache. The database unfortunately is being shared with another backend application, and data modification can occur from either system. In Weblogic, there is a weblogic-ejb-jar.xml attribute called <db-is-shared>, that if set to "true" forces the container to persist or refresh on every method call. How can I mimic this functionality in JBoss?

I know that EJB1.1 was a poor technology for what this application has evolved into. And the application is being rearchitected towards an EJB3.0 or pure Hibernate design; however, it needs to be up and running for a bit in its original state.

Any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

-- j --

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3975169#3975169

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3975169