[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Some latin characteres are not rendered properly

rlhr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 29 11:07:47 EDT 2006

Hello,

I'm using jboss-seam-1.0.1.GA  CVS build 20060917.

The problem I'm dealing with might not be due to Seam but to JSF. I'm not sure so I thought I'd ask.

In a properties file, I have all the french translation of the english properties.
Let say I have the following string in the english file:

SUMMER = summer

and in the french one:

SUMMER = été

The internationalization works fine, but when I try to create a javascript variable that will hold that value doing the following:

var test = "#{messages.SUMMER}";

This will render the following:

  | var test = "&# 233;t&# 233;"; // with no space between &# and 233.

Also if I create a remote method that gives me back that string, I get the same &# 233;t&# 233; instead of  été.

When using a <h:outputText> tag inside a view tag, it works fine.

The xhtml file starts by
  | So it should be fine I thought.

Any clue about what's going on?

Thanks,