[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: URL linking one cms html page to another cmls html page

paulsam do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Sep 30 18:40:41 EDT 2006

Shaun -

Is your new HTML page a full page, or a fragment?  It seems to me that the CMS portlet expects only a fragment that is set to fit inside the "portlet-content" DIV.  Perhaps there's other code in your file that is calling on the default theme.

I know that I have only had success in getting well-styled pages by importing my file, and making sure that it only uses styles marked with "font class='portlet-xxxxxx'" right out of the theme's CSS sheet.

ANYWAY - I still can't get my link to work.  The portlet is on a page other than the default page, and the HTML page that the portlet is set to start with is in a directory parallel to "default" in the CMS. (CMS has "default", "clientconfig" and "drug".  The portlet in question looks first at "drug/index.html".  I have a link in it that is supposed to go to "drug/clientlist.html".  The portlet can't find it.  The directions in the CMS Admin portlet say "Links to resources within this portal should be absolute. For example: A link to an image located in default/images/back.gif should be typed in exactly as shown here. Do not prefix a slash (/) to the path of the resource."

This advice works for images, but not for URL links.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
- Paul

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3975304#3975304