[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Question on Converter

hasc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Apr 1 08:55:08 EDT 2007

Hello,

i defined a converter in faces-config.xml:

<converter>
  |     <converter-id>MyEntityConverter</converter-id>
  |     <converter-class>webapp.converter.MyEntityConverter</converter-class>
  | </converter>

and in the view i called it via:

<h:selectOneMenu converter="#{MyEntityConverter}">
  |     <s:selectItems value="#{itemsmanager.entities}" />
  | </h:selectOneMenu>

but it doesnt seem to use the converter.
Renaming the converter-id to something like "blabla" doesnt throw an error when the page is rendered. I also tried to reference it via "converter-for-class" with no effect.

Does defining Converters in faces-config.xml not work with seam or is there an error in the code?

I use JBoss-4.0.5.GA
with seam 1.2.0.Patch1
with jsf 1.2 and facelets

Thanks for help,