[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: problem with Conversation scope

surajmundada@yahoo.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 3 00:21:53 EDT 2007

Hi,

thanks for replying.

we are using conversation scope to display the previous pages (without loss of state) when user clicks the browser Back button.

I am not sure if I can specify scope of a variable seperately in Seam 1.0.0 GA (Please correct me if I am wrong) In that case, scope of that variable should be same as the scope of the seam component in which it is defined.

now, the problem I am facing with conversation scope is some of seam variables, after they are outjected are availabe throughout the application while some are not. As a workaround, we have to explicitly set those variables in the session context and fetch them back at the required place.

Till now, it's working fine. But we don't want many workarounds of this type.

Also, my problem of factory methods getting called when other methods of session bean are executed has not solved yet.

Has it to do anything with Conversation scope ?

Is it possible that DataModel ( or other variables for which factory method are defined) looses it's value after one request execution (in conversation scope ) and because it has no value when request comes to that bean again, factory method gets executed ?

waiting for reply,

suraj

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4033882#4033882

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4033882