[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - config loading issue with 2.0.0.BETA2

kevwil do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 3 11:53:19 EDT 2007

I'm trying to get an instance of Cache using the following code:

CacheFactory<String, String> factory = DefaultCacheFactory.getInstance();
  | Cache<String, String> _cache = factory.createCache( _configFile, false );

I keep getting the following error, no matter what file path syntax I use:

org.jboss.cache.config.ConfigurationException: Input stream for configuration xml is null!
  | 	at org.jboss.cache.factories.XmlConfigurationParser.parseStream(XmlConfigurationParser.java:72)
  | 	at org.jboss.cache.factories.XmlConfigurationParser.parseFile(XmlConfigurationParser.java:63)
  | 	at org.jboss.cache.DefaultCacheFactory.createCache(DefaultCacheFactory.java:57)

I don't want my config file to be compiled into the jar, I want to use an external file. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas would be appreciated.

The 1.4.1 version, PropertyConfigurator.configure, would try loading the given file path using a FileInputStream if the class loader couldn't load the file from the classpath. I'm confused why that was not carried over to 2.0 because it seems that would solve my problem.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4034169#4034169

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4034169