[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Configuration for redundant ethernets

alpheratz-jb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 4 00:52:11 EDT 2007

I have two multihomed boxes.

Each box is running two instances of JBoss 4.0.5GA, configured using
the ServiceBindingManager. This all works very nicely as I have it at the moment.

Now, Each box has 4 Ethernet NICs.

I intend to use two NICs for HTTP service traffic and two for intra-cluster housekeeping.

The question is: how do I configure this?

* For the configuration of the service interfaces...
I am currently allowing each instance to bind to 0.0.0.0 -- ie all interfaces.

This is OK but it would be nice to be able to say "bind to ONLY interfaces A and B"
instead of "bind to all interfaces."

Is there a way to do this?

* For the configuration of the intra-cluster housekeepting traffic...
I am looking at ...deploy/cluster-service.xml and can see that I can establish
the <UDP bind_addr attrribute. Presumably, this tells the JBoss instance to
listen on this address for intra-cluster housekeeping 'chatter' and of course,
the address used will correspond to a given interface.

Can I configure a list of addresses in bind_addr? Ie:

  | <UDP bind_addr="192.168.10.1,192.168.11.1" ...

This would enable me to loose an individual link but not loose the cluster.

I have had a look through the Wiki and this forum, but I can't see anybody dealing
with redundancy, as I have to.

Thoughts/suggestions gratefully accepted.

Cheers

Alph

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4034379#4034379

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4034379