[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Designer alpha version - eclipse updates required?

wjm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 4 03:26:48 EDT 2007

Hello.  I'm trying to follow the latest changes to the designer.  The 3.1.0.alpha3 version is being built now out of CVS head, but there appear to be incompatibilities with the EMF/GEF versions which are distributed as default with the 3.1.13 designer which is shipped with GA.

Can someone enlighten me regarding where and how the core eclipse version (core+plugins) will be handled when implementing the new designer plugin?  Since it's being developed on jbpm.3 HEAD it would seem a bit unusual to target later versions of either EMF or GEF, but I'm getting a large number of exceptions when attempting to run the alpha plugin against stock 3.2 with default GEF/GMF.  Naturally, the problem could very well be with the fact that this is an alpha version, or it could be something stupid that I'm doing, but it seems like there are incompatibilities.

Finally, it seems a bit, uh, unusual to instigate an alpha version of the designer in cvs jbpm.3 HEAD just when the package is at GA-level.  Would not a branch be less disruptive?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4034414#4034414

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4034414