[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Using encrypted passwords in datasource config files directl

mskonda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 4 09:03:40 EDT 2007

I am wondeirng if there's any alternative to encrypt datasource passwords?

I have followed http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=EncryptingDataSourcePasswords the link. However, my requirement is slightly variant.

My requirement is to create the *-ds.xml with encrypted password quoted in the file itself.

For example, the user-name and encrypted password are provided in the following config:

  | <datasources>
  |   <local-tx-datasource>
  |     <user-name>myUser</user-name>
  |     <password>my-encrypted-password</password>
  |   </local-tx-datasource>
  | </datasources>

I expect JBoss to read the encrypted password, decrypt it and then create the Datasource. BUT is this possible???

So, can we provide an encrypted password in the *-ds.xml file itself so it can be decrypted?

Any pointers much appreciated

Thanks
/Madhu

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4034537#4034537