[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Designer alpha version - eclipse updates required?

wjm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 4 10:18:50 EDT 2007

"koen.aers at jboss.com" wrote : To work on the head of the designer you should checkout the org.jbpm.gd.jpdl project in the module jbpm.3/designer/jpdl. The build script of jpdl 3.2 fetches the already built designer (3.0.13.1)from the repository.

  | Regards,
  | Koen

Thanks alot for taking the time to try to bring us up to speed Koen, but I'm afraid I'm still not on the same page.  I do have a full checkout of jbpm.3, including jbpm.3/designer/jpdl/org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.  This includes your changes from yesterday on HEAD to ControllerConfigurationComposite.java (and friends).

This is the correct and only branch, or?

The problems are  that, when I startup up a clean 3.2 including the alpha3 plugin and feature, and along with all of the default GEF/EMF plugins included in jbpm-jpdl-designer.zip (which includes alpha3), I get errors in the eclipse log for null pointers in

  | !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.workbench 4 0 2007-03-26 23:38:30.108
  | !MESSAGE An unexpected exception was thrown.
  | !STACK 0
  | java.lang.NullPointerException
  | 	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.views.properties.tabbed.view.TabDescriptor.<init>(TabDescriptor.java:87)
  | 	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.views.properties.tabbed.view.TabbedPropertyRegistry.readTabDescriptors(TabbedPropertyRegistry.java:316)
  | 	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.views.properties.tabbed.view.TabbedPropertyRegistry.getAllTabDescriptors(TabbedPropertyRegistry.java:294)
  | 	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.views.properties.tabbed.view.TabbedPropertyRegistry.getTabDescriptors(TabbedPropertyRegistry.java:242)
  | 	at org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed.TabbedPropertySheetPage.setInput(TabbedPropertySheetPage.java:673)
  | 	at org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed.TabbedPropertySheetPage.selectionChanged(TabbedPropertySheetPage.java:542)
  | 	at org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.PropertySheet.selectionChanged(PropertySheet.java:218)
  | 	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.AbstractSelectionService.fireSelection(AbstractSelectionService.java:156)
  | 	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.AbstractSelectionService$1.selectionChanged(AbstractSelectionService.java:62)
  | 	at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageSelectionProvider$1.run(MultiPageSelectionProvider.java:108)
  | 	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
  | 	at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageSelectionProvider.fireEventChange(MultiPageSelectionProvider.java:106)
  | 	at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageSelectionProvider.fireSelectionChanged(MultiPageSelectionProvider.java:88)
  | 	at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.pageChange(MultiPageEditorPart.java:610)
  | 	at org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.tabletree.XMLMultiPageEditorPart.pageChange(XMLMultiPageEditorPart.java:748)
  | 	at org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.ui.editor.JpdlEditor.pageChange(Unknown Source

these started after your big change on 3.20.  Additionally, I'm seeing other errors like the following:

  | !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2007-03-27 13:38:28.828
  | !MESSAGE Unable to create editor ID org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.ui.editor: No editor descriptor for id org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.ui.editor
  | !STACK 1
  | org.eclipse.ui.PartInitException: No editor descriptor for id org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.ui.editor

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.workbench 4 2 2007-03-27 13:38:29.015
  | !MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.ui.workbench".
  | !STACK 0

These were what led me to believe that you're working with a different version of eclipse, or perhaps just GEF/EMF.  Additionally, even after the plugin starts, I open the editor on a given processdescription.xml to find that all of the icons are missing and the editor wont allow me even to bring up a properties page for node/state/whatever.

Anyhow, maybe I oughta just wait 'til your rewrite goes beta.  But thanks for any insight you care to share.

----
Bill

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4034590#4034590

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4034590