[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Injected SLSB not getting interceptors sometimes

stu2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 4 17:27:09 EDT 2007

I'm running Seam 1.2.1, and these symptoms appear in SeamTest.

I have SLSB A which is injected via @In with SLSB B.  A seems to have all appropriate interceptors, and @Logger injection works fine.  A calls B.  B blows up upon writing to the log because the log is never initialized.  I've tried having B declare @Logger Log log explicitly and (in the example I'll post here) by extending EntityController.

Here's relevant bits of A:

  | @Name("ingestService")
  | @Stateless
  | @AutoCreate
  | public class IngestServiceImpl implements IngestService
  | {
  |     @Logger static Log log;
  |     @In CsvIngest ingestUtil;
  |

  | .... (in a method)
  | 	ingestResult = ingestUtil.ingest(feedFile, feedDefinition, previousFeedItems);

B will throw NullPointerException when it tries to log.  What I found odd is that A has all indications of receiving the interceptors, which do the injection.  B looks like a direct invocation (no sign of interceptors).  And I can's see a meaningful difference between A and B - so I'm stuck.

Anyway, here's the relevant bits from B:

  | @Stateless
  | @Name("ingestUtil")
  | @AutoCreate
  | public class CsvIngestUtil extends EntityController implements CsvIngest
  | {
  |
  | ... below from the throwing method - last line is 135 referenced from stacktrace
  |
  |             item.setFeedItemStatus(FeedItemStatus.INSERT_REQUESTED);
  |             // I put this here to test if the em was injected - it is because the assert doesn't throw
  |             assert getEntityManager() != null : "null entity manager!";
  |             System.out.println("EntityManager is not null. [" + getEntityManager().getClass().getName() + "]");
  |             debug("Scheduling item [" + item.getUniqueInternalCode() + "] for insert");  // throws here

The stacktrace showing the (to me) unexpected presence/absence of interceptors is:

  | aused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.framework.Controller.debug(Controller.java:183)
  | 	at com.fb.core.business.ingest.CsvIngestUtil.updateItemFromPreviousData(CsvIngestUtil.java:135)
  | 	at com.fb.core.business.ingest.CsvIngestUtil.ingest(CsvIngestUtil.java:85)
  | 	at com.fb.core.business.IngestServiceImpl.processFeedImportNoPersistance(IngestServiceImpl.java:76)
  | 	at com.fb.core.business.IngestServiceImpl.processFeedImport(IngestServiceImpl.java:52)
  | 	at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:109)
  | 	at org.jboss.ejb3.interceptor.InvocationContextImpl.proceed(InvocationContextImpl.java:166)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.intercept.EJBInvocationContext.proceed(EJBInvocationContext.java:37)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.intercept.SeamInvocationContext.proceed(SeamInvocationContext.java:57)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.interceptors.BijectionInterceptor.aroundInvoke(BijectionInterceptor.java:47)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.intercept.SeamInvocationContext.proceed(SeamInvocationContext.java:69)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.interceptors.MethodContextInterceptor.aroundInvoke(MethodContextInterceptor.java:27)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.intercept.SeamInvocationContext.proceed(SeamInvocationContext.java:69)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.intercept.RootInterceptor.invoke(RootInterceptor.java:103)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.intercept.SessionBeanInterceptor.aroundInvoke(SessionBeanInterceptor.java:53)
  | 	at org.jboss.ejb3.interceptor.InvocationContextImpl.proceed(InvocationContextImpl.java:118)
  | 	at org.jboss.ejb3.interceptor.EJB3InterceptorsInterceptor.invoke(EJB3InterceptorsInterceptor.java:63)
  | 	at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:98)
  | 	at org.jboss.ejb3.entity.TransactionScopedEntityManagerInterceptor.invoke(TransactionScopedEntityManagerInterceptor.java:54)
  | 	at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:98)
  | 	at org.jboss.ejb3.AllowedOperationsInterceptor.invoke(AllowedOperationsInterceptor.java:47)
  | 	at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:98)
  | 	at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPolicy.invokeInCallerTx(TxPolicy.java:126)

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?  Any more info I could provide if not?

I confess I'm a bit confused by when I should expect interception.  I'm using SLSB more often than I would otherwise because I want @Logger and other interceptor services to work, but I realize this is because I don't understand enough yet.

Thanks,

Stu

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4034796#4034796

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4034796