[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - @DataModel modifications

georgesberscheid do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 5 09:30:25 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a @DataModel (HashSet myEntries) in a SESSION-scoped JAVABEAN Seam component with a @Factory method that retrieves initial data from the database and I display it in myList.xhtml.
I also have an action method addEntry() that does em.persist(newEntry) and myEntries.add(newEntry) and returns to myList.xhtml.

The entry has been added to the database table and to the myEntries Set, but when I return to myList.xhtml I can't see it. Is the initial myEntries Set (as returned from the @Factory method) cached somewhere?

If I touch WEB-INF/web.xml of my .war directory (which causes re-deployment) the new entry shows up in myList.xhtml.

This is Seam 1.2.0patch1 on AS 4.2.0CR1.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong  here?

Thanks,
Georges

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035004#4035004