[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - How to strip request parameters for page reloads

gzoller do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 5 13:54:04 EDT 2007

Sorry about the title, but its hard to capture in a sentence what I'm struggling with.

I have a simple DataModel display page, fed by a manager bean that maintains the list, as shown in the Seam tutorial.

It all works great but for one small gotcha:  What happens if someone reloads the page after an operation like a delete?

For example say I have 3 items in my list.  I use a s:link to trigger deletion operations.  Say I click delete on the second item.  Seam will pass a parameter string that includes "myList[1]".  That works, but--after the page is redrawn if the user hits referesh the deletion operation will happen again (because the myList[1] is still part of the query string) on a list item the user probably didn't intend to delete!  Worse if they accidentally run the list index beyond the bounds of the backing list they get a messy-bad-error-exception-thingy(tm).

My initial attempt was to have the s:link view attribute take them to a dummy "bounce" page never intended to be displayed.  The bounce.page.xml would have an always-true nav rule to redirect them back to my main page.  So far I haven't been able to get this working.

Any thoughts/better approaches?

Thanks,
Greg

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035114#4035114