[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - strange problem with many-to-one mapping in jbpm 3.2

camunda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 6 05:40:53 EDT 2007

Hi!

I have a very strange problem with the current jbpm 3.2. When I deploy a process a lot of columns which schould be filled are set to NULL in the database. Inspecting further I found, that ALL many-to-one mappings are set to NULL in the database, even if the association (the "Java-Pointer") was set correctly!

As a example take the start-state of a process-definition.

I started debugging in Hibernate (3.2.3 by the way) and found the following:

Hibernate males a check to set all transient attributes to null (makes sense):

  | new ForeignKeys.Nullifier( entity, false, useIdentityColumn, source ).nullifyTransientReferences( values, types ); (AbstractSaveEventListener, 288)

If it checks the StartState, it finds the primary key ID=0, which leads hibernate to the assumption, this SuperSate is a transient object. So it is set to NULL!
This is a very strange behavior, because I think Hibernate should generate that key on its own!

I have no idea, why that happens in this new version of jbpm. Because I looked at the hibernate-mappings, and they haven't changed too much since 3.1.

By the way, I use mySQL 5...

ANY ideas to that issue? It took me already a lot of time to come to the point that I have no idea :-(

Thanks for every hint!!

Regards

Bernd

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035257#4035257