[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Expression Language in Java; simple, but impossible?

beligum do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 6 08:41:19 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I've been searching for a solution to this simple issue for over an hour now:
How do I dynamically interpret an EL-string in Java-code?

I found this:

  | FacesContext context=FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();
  | ValueExpression vex=context.getApplication().getExpressionFactory().createValueExpression(context.getELContext(),"#{paramValues.mapSelectedItems}", String[].class);
  | String[] itemx=(String[])vex.getValue(context.getELContext());

But it doesn't work in Seam (1.2.1).

Any suggestions?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035289#4035289

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4035289