[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - No ManagedConnections available Error

majohnst do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 6 10:02:37 EDT 2007

I use EJB3 to connect to Postgres 8.1. At random times, I get a database connection error:

  | No ManagedConnections available within configured blocking timeout ( 30000 [ms] ); - nested throwable: (javax.resource.ResourceException: No ManagedConnections available within configured blocking timeout ( 30000 [ms] ))
  |

>From what I have read, this means that the database connection pool is messing up some how. In my datasource definition, I have included:

  |   <local-tx-datasource>
  |     <jndi-name>MyDS</jndi-name>
  |     <connection-url>jdbc:postgresql://cherry/pgacms</connection-url>
  |         <driver-class>org.postgresql.Driver</driver-class>
  |         <user-name>...</user-name>
  |         <password>...</password>
  |         <min-pool-size>5</min-pool-size>
  |     	<max-pool-size>30</max-pool-size>
  | 	<new-connection-sql>SELECT version()</new-connection-sql>
  | 	<check-valid-connection-sql>SELECT version()</check-valid-connection-sql>
  |
  |   </local-tx-datasource>

I have checked, and the max number of connections defined for all my datasources is less than the maximum connections that Postgres allows. From what I have read about this error, most people say that the database connection is not being closed correctly in the java code.

So my question, since I am using EJB3 for my database connection, do I have to do anything to explicitly close the connection?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035323#4035323

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4035323